We are #deliveryheroes
Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island
Position Announcement – Development Assistant
Job Title: Development Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time
The mission of Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island is to meet the nutritional and other special needs of the elderly to help them maintain their independence. Since 1969, from Westerly to Woonsocket our staff and volunteers serve 1,200 meals each day. While the Home-Delivered Meal Program is the most recognized service, Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island also has a Capital City Café Program, a Restaurant Voucher Program, Pet Food Program and a Senior Wish Program for those in need.
The Development Assistant supports the fund development and public relations efforts of Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island. This includes fundraising activities, assisting with public relations, processing gifts, preparing thank you notes, creating reports, and supporting corporate volunteerism and community outreach initiatives.
This is a full time position; Monday through Friday with core hours of 8:30 – 4:00 PM; evenings and weekends as needed with advance notice provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the annual fund development plan (individual giving, major gifts, special events, corporate sponsorships, foundation/grant support and planned giving)
- Assist with the marketing strategy (social, earned, paid media and grassroots outreach)
- Provide leadership to community outreach and corporate volunteerism
- Process of donations and gifts in a timely manner, including acknowledgments and stewardship letters
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed
- Manage, update and maintain the organization’s fundraising database to ensure accurate information
- Prepare mailing lists and annual lists of donors
- Conduct monthly reports and reconciliation with the finance department
- Research current and potential donors
- Maintain department files
- Support the pet food bank, senior wish program and other special projects
- Provide coverage for the receptionist daily
- Provide administrative support to leadership
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and special events
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in a nonprofit setting
- Experience working with older adults
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to the mission of Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island
- Possesses high energy, positive attitude, dedication
- Embraces teamwork and flexibility
- Shows attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to multi task
- Offers a high degree of initiative
- Computer proficiency (MS Excel, Word, and database programs)
- Sound professional judgment, an exemplary moral compass, exceptional personal integrity, and high ethical standards that engender trust, and proven leadership capabilities
- A proven ability to identify, navigate, and successfully interact within the dynamics of a fast paced environment
Compensation commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health, dental, vacation, sick, and personal time, holidays, retirement, and professional development opportunities. Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, professional references and response to the questions, Why are you #Together4Seniors? to email@example.com by February 28, 2020 at 5:00 PM.