Volunteers are the backbone of our organization, and we are always looking for dedicated community members to assist us in several areas.
Our volunteers are special people. Learn how your time and talent can make a difference in the lives of the elders in your community.
We are seeking volunteers statewide to assist in delivering a lunch-time meal, Monday through Friday between the hours of 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. We have an urgent need in the Pawtucket and Warwick areas. Just a few hours one day per week will go a long way in providing a nutritious meal and a smile to so many home bound individuals. For more information, please call Ozzie at (401) 351-6700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A variety of other volunteer opportunities exist within the agency.
- Preparing daily meals for delivery
- Assisting in annual Emergency Meal Program meals delivery (which ensures seniors do not go hungry should inclement weather prevent daily meal delivery)
- Serving meals or otherwise assisting at one of our Capital City Café sites
- Holding a collection drive for our Pet Food Program pantry
- Holding an in-office team-building activity with a project to brighten our seniors’ day. In the past, our clients have greatly enjoyed receiving handmade book marks, placemats, and holiday (Thanksgiving Day, New Year’s Day or Valentine’s Day) and birthday cards
- Participating in one of our social media campaigns on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts
- Serving on our Board of Directors or one of our committees
- Participating in one of our special projects that serve our mission
- Tech-Mate Pilot Program connecting RI seniors to a virtual senior center
To find out more, please call (401) 351-6700.