How to Get Meals
Sign up for Much More than a Meal
Thank you for your interest in home-delivered meals.
We look forward to providing you our “More-Than-A-Meal” service that includes a nutritious meal, wellness check and social visit.
we offer several options
Private pay >
Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island offers Private Pay for home-delivered meals, which cost about $50 per week. You can use your Medicare Flex Card or SNAP Benefit to cover the cost of meals.
Private Pay is available if:
- You have an immediate and urgent need to receive home-delivered meals that may be temporary.
- You are a Rhode Island resident, aged 60 or older, and would like to receive meals but you are not homebound.
Grant Funded >
- Be a Rhode Island resident, aged 60 or older.
- Be homebound or have difficulty leaving home independently.
- Be home to receive meals.
- A $3.00 donation per meal received is suggested.
Medicaid HCBS >
All meal offerings are healthy and tasty with controlled sodium, fat, and sugar. The menus are approved by a registered dietitian to ensure balanced meals throughout the week, and our menu changes monthly.
Medically Tailored and Therapeutic Meals
For those with a chronic health condition or eating challenges, we offer special meals:
- Cardiac: Heart-healthy meals to control salt and cholesterol intake
- Chopped: For clients with arthritic and dental related conditions