How to Get Meals
Sign up for Much More than a Meal
We Deliver More Than a Meal
Thank you for your interest in home-delivered meals.
We look forward to serving you with our more than a meal model that includes a nutritious meal, life-saving safety check and opportunity for socialization.
we offer several options
Private pay >
Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island offers Private Pay for home-delivered meals, which cost about $50 per week. Private Pay is available if:
- You have an immediate and urgent need to receive home-delivered meals that may be temporary.
- You are a Rhode Island resident, aged 60 or older and would like to receive meals but you are not homebound.
Grant Funded >
- Be a Rhode Island resident, aged 60 or older.
- Be homebound or have difficulty leaving home independently.
- Not be a participant in an adult daycare or dining program on a day the participant is scheduled to receive meals.
- A $3.00 donation per meal received is suggested.
Medicaid HCBS >
Sign Up & Get Meals!
All meal offerings are healthy and tasty with controlled sodium, fat, and sugar. The menus are approved by a registered dietitian to ensure balanced meals throughout the week, and our menu changes monthly.
Medically Tailored and Therapeutic Meals
For those with a chronic disease or eating challenges, we offer special meals:
- Cardiac: Heart-healthy meals to control salt and cholesterol intake
- Diabetic: Meals that contain foods to help control blood-sugar levels and blood pressure
- Renal: Meals featuring low-potassium and kidney-friendly foods
- Chopped, Ground, or Pureed: Meals prepared for easy ingesting
Culturally Responsive Meals
We offer these meal choices to better serve our culturally diverse participants: