The Home Delivered Meal Program Assistant supports the day-to-day operation of Meals on Wheels of RI’s Home-Delivered Meal Program. This includes assisting with the coordination of the home-delivered meals and delivery routes, providing phone support, and customer service.
This is a part-time position; Monday through Friday with core hours of 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
– Support the activities of day-to-day of the Home-Delivered Meal Program
– Take client referrals, cancellations, restarts, no answers, etc. from various sources and input said information into the database system
– Prepare correspondence and information for clients, to include but not limited to new start packets, birthday cards, menus, etc.
– Update referral records pertaining to missing or incorrect information.
– Assist in notifying new clients and/or their guardians of the start date, review the guidelines for the meal program and activate and update status utilizing the SERVtracker program
– Provide assistance and serve as back-up to other team members as needed
- Participate in team meetings and special events
- Other duties, per the ever-changing needs of the organization