,Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Finance Director
The mission of Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island is to meet the nutritional and other special needs of older adults and other eligible populations in order to help them maintain their independence. Since 1969, from Westerly to Woonsocket our staff and volunteers serve 1,500 meals each weekday. While the Home-Delivered Meal Program is the most recognized service, Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island also has a Capital City Café Program, a Restaurant Voucher Program, Pet Food Program and a Senior Wish Program for those in need.
The finance assistant supports the Finance Department to maintain accurate accounting records for analysis and reporting purposes.
This is a part-time, hourly position; Monday – Thursday 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter journal entries and accounts payable
- File all AP, AR, journal entries and any and all required documentation
- Reconcile cash accounts to expense accounts as needed
- Maintain all required spreadsheet as provided by the Finance Director and/or the Executive Director
- Assist in the preparation of year of financial schedules for the annual audit
- Other Duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Coursework in accounting preferred
- 1-3 years bookkeeping preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to the mission of Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island
- Shows attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Computer proficiency – must be well versed in Microsoft Excel
- Prior work with accounting systems preferred
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and professional references to email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled.