The Substitute Driver supports the day to day operation of Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island’s home delivered meal program. This includes ensuring there are sufficient meals for the route, delivering meals, conducing a safety check and providing home bound seniors an opportunity for socialization.
This is a per diem position; Monday through Friday with core hours of 9:00 am – 2:30 pm; as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Drive a Meals on Wheels of RI delivery vehicle
· Ensure that sufficient entrées and cold packs are available for each recipient
· Conduct a safety check upon meal delivery and report concerns
· Provide client an opportunity for socialization
· Deliver menus, greeting cards and any other informational material
· Keep delivery vehicle clean
· Report any damage to delivery vehicle
· Deliver emergency shelf stable food/frozen dinners to clients, as needed
· Adhere to the Employee Handbook and Driver Rules & Regulations
· Attend and participate in staff meetings and special events
· Other duties as assigned